Learn how to improve the management and business systems in your construction company. This course will cover all areas of a construction business including strategic planning, business planning, marketing, operations, HR management, financial reporting, bonding and insurance and risk management.
Format: Two days (16 hours) of in-class instruction, plus an optional online component to be completed after the in-class course. The online component will be based on the in-class material. It may include some research, reading, and answering questions (7-8 hours) that will be marked by the instructors.
This course has been accredited by the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) for five (5) credits towards Gold Seal certification for in-class attendance and acceptable completion of online course component. Two (2) credits for in-class attendance only.
This course has been approved by BC Housing Licensing and Consumer Services (formerly Homeowners Protection Office) for thirty (30) Group B points towards Continued Professional Development (CPD) for in-class attendance and acceptable completion of online course component.
Construction Owners, Managers, Estimators, Supervisors.
- Understand the strategic planning process and how to implement it within their context
- Understand the importance of a business plan and how to prepare one
- Understand the participants within the construction industry – their roles, responsibilities and limitations
- Formulate a marketing plan and understand the marketing mix
- Develop a human resource management plan
- Develop an employee performance evaluation system
- Formulate a financial plan, budgets, ratios and break-even analysis
- Understand bonding and insurance for construction companies
- Use risk management tools to identify risk and how to mitigate risk
Tim Williams, MBA, B.Econ., CPA, GSC, is the President of BGC Partners Inc. BGC Partners provides training services tailor made for the construction industry. Tim has worked with numerous construction companies for over twenty years. He is a Gold Seal Certified project manager. He is an experienced and sought after trainer who has trained construction owners and managers on behalf of construction industry associations across Western Canada.
Fee Includes: Student manual, digital certificate upon completion, complimentary Wi-Fi access, lunch and free parking.
Cancellation & Substitution Policy: Payment is non-refundable for cancellations made within 5 business days of the course, or non-attendance on the day. Complimentary substitution of another member of your company is accepted.