Great communication is essential for construction leaders! In this course, participants will learn how to improve their listening, speaking and writing skills. Participants will leave with a better understanding of how to communicate goals and strategies effectively, as well as lead collaborative decision making.
Format: Two days (16 hours) of in-class instruction, plus an optional online component to be completed after the in-class course. The online component will be based on the in-class material. It may include some research, reading, and answering questions (7-8 hours) that will be marked by the instructors.
This course has been accredited by the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) for five (5) credits towards Gold Seal certification upon successful completion of this course. Two (2) credits for in-class attendance only.
This course has been approved by BC Housing Licensing and Consumer Services (formerly Homeowners Protection Office) for thirty two (32) Group B points towards Continued Professional Development (CPD) for in-class attendance and acceptable completion of online course component.
Construction Owners, Managers, Estimators, Supervisors, CSOs and Staff.
- Improve your writing skills: emails, texts, letters, RFIs and reports.
- Improve your listening skills: interpret body language, use reflective listening, deal with difficult people, and use good questioning skills.
- Improve your speaking skills: phone calls, meetings, small groups, and large groups presentations.
- Lead through vision casting and strategic focus.
- Learn the benefits of collaborative decision making and how best to lead leaders.
Tim Williams, MBA, B.Econ., CPA, GSC, is the President of BGC Partners Inc. BGC Partners provides training services tailor made for the construction industry. Tim has worked with numerous construction companies for over twenty years. He is a Gold Seal Certified project manager. He is an experienced and sought after trainer who has trained construction owners and managers on behalf of construction industry associations across Western Canada.
Fee Includes: Student manual, certificate upon completion, complimentary Wi-Fi access, lunch and free parking.
Cancellation & Substitution Policy:
- More than five (5) business days prior to the Course: full refund of registration fee or change of the course date is permitted.
- Within five (5) business days of the course, or non-attendance on the day: no refunds or transfer of registration fees is permitted. Complimentary substitution of another member of your company is accepted.