In accordance with the VRCA’s bylaws, at the Annual General Meeting in January 2018, the members will elect their 2018/19 Board of Directors comprising 14 directors, as follows:
- The immediate Past-Chair (1)
- The chair of each of the General Contractors, Trade Contractors and Manufacturers and Suppliers Divisional Councils (3)
- Three other members from each Division (9)
- One individual elected or appointed by the U40 Network (1)
Divisional Council Elections
The majority of VRCA’s membership is contained within three Divisions:
- General Contractors
- Trade Contractors
- Manufacturers, Suppliers and Service Providers (e.g. lawyers, insurance companies etc.)
Each of the three Divisions must govern its own affairs and, on an annual basis, elect or appoint a Divisional Council comprising a Chair and two Vice-Chairs, to serve and represent the Division for one year commencing at the Annual General Meeting.
The three Divisional Councils will be elected by their respective Division at a Tri-Council meeting on Tuesday, November 21, 2017.
The elected Chair of each Divisional Council will automatically be a candidate for election to the 2018/19 Board of Directors and be nominated by the Governance and Nominations Committee.
If you are interested in running for the position of Chair or Vice Chair on any of the three Divisional Councils, please review the attached 2018/19 Divisional Council Nomination Package, complete the required details and submit to [email protected] no later than Friday, October 27, 2017 at 5pm.