BCIT Construction Operations & Supervision Program
BCIT and the VRCA have teamed up to offer a multi-level, part-time training program for people who wish to enter the construction industry and for people already in the industry who wish to enhance their career potential. The Construction Operations program consists of seven courses:
- Applied Construction Mathematics
- Construction Drawing
- Site Processes in Construction
- Basic Estimating with Computer Applications
- Technical Writing and Communication Skills
- Basic Management and Ethics
- Introduction to Computers in Construction.
Following completion of the Construction Operations component, students can enroll in Construction Supervision. The nine courses in this level are:
- Construction Documents and Contracts
- Basic Project Management Skills
- Technical Writing/Interpersonal Skills
- Basic Construction Design Principles
- Basic Construction Design Principles 2
- Construction Materials and Assemblies
- Computer Applications in Construction
- Safety Legislation, and
- Environmental Legislation.
Students receive an Associated Certificate upon successful completion of the program.
For an Information session scheduled click here.
For further information on the BCIT Construction Operations program visit:
For information on the Construction Supervision program visit: