Excellence in Sustainable Construction Program
Vancouver Regional Construction Association’s ESC Certification Program is designed to help contractors and suppliers manage, report, and improve their business practices as they relate to social, environmental and economic sustainability. Joining the program will provide access to tools and expertise that will help benchmark accomplishments and chart a course to improve performance. Companies will gain a solid understanding of sustainability as a business opportunity – not a liability.
Customized features of Program:
- Provides a template by which responsible companies can address sustainable practices
- Assists in establishing Corporate Sustainability Goals
- Software tool to manage carbon emissions. Go to www.gobinet.com for more details.
- Ability to publish your Greenhouse Gases(GHG’s) on your website
- Demonstrates how your products or service contributes to LEED credits
- Published recognition through the VRCA’s ESC Certified program
- Use of the ESC logo on your corporate website and stationary
- Webinars, seminars, and “Toolkits” designed to educate and support our goals for a better “Built Environment”
How do you enrol?
Go to www.sustainableconstruction.ca
❶ Click on button called Apply for Program, click on Getting Started page
❷ Complete the sustainability assessment that will provide a snapshot of where your company is
on the sustainability journey.
❸ Complete application form
❹ Register for the required "Becoming ESC Certified" course – next course is Sept 2012.
Program fees are charged for application, course, audit, ESC certification, and GOBI membership. A full fee breakdown can be found at www.sustainableconstruction.ca